Friday, June 01, 2007

Birthdays and Travels

First of all, today is our son Isaac's 19th birthday. By this time on that day, I was feeling pretty certain that things were going to be moving along pretty quickly. I remember calling my mom to watch Carrie and calling Dan at work to tell him to come home. I didn't sleep the entire night before - I guess it was a burst of energy. I still remember seeing Isaac for the first time. He had little swirls in his hair and he had long arms and fingers. He was a pretty mellow baby and that has carried through in his life. I cannot imagine having a finer son. It has been a joy watching him grow and seeing all of the stages he has went through in this life so far. Isaac started off incredibly shy and, although he has become much more outgoing, I can still see that shyness there...deep down. Thanks for nineteen great years, Isaac. You always said when you were little that you never wanted to grow up. You said your best day was to be at home. Funny how things change, but the change has been great. I look forward to seeing all that life brings your way and all that you bring to life.

Today we get to go to Nashville and I am really looking forward to the trip. It is always a great place to visit - walking around downtown is just great. Plus, we get to see a fantastic band and visit with some people that will be coming from all over the place. Lots of good stories to be heard...

Guess that is about it for this Friday morning.

Peace and hope to all -
JAH

1 comment:

Isaac Horwedel said...

thanks mom!