Thursday, March 08, 2007

It's Thursday!!

Okay - Thursday isn't usually known for excitement, but that's what day it is and I couldn't come up with a title that was any better.

Let's see - what's new...
I became a great-aunt again today. My niece Christine gave birth to an 8 pound 12 oz. baby boy who was named Jonathan Knox Fogus. Not sure what the middle name represents, if anything, but it sounds kinda cool. She had a pretty rough time of it as they actually began inducing her Tuesday morning. She ended up having a C-section today, but all is well in their world now. Two more babies on the way this summer. The circle continues...

Tomorrow I am heading out for the weekend to the exciting town of Findlay, Ohio. I, along with four other ladies from our church, am going to a women's retreat. We go each year and have a nice time just hanging out. Sometimes the speakers are good, sometimes really good and sometimes, like last year not so good. But, it is a chance to go back and visit the town where we lived for three years while Dan was in school and it is usually pretty low stress. I will be having to leave my wonderful husband, though, so that will definitely put the world in a different dimension for us. But, it always feels good to pull into the driveway Sunday morning and know I'll be met with his smile when I walk into church. Isaac will be there as well this week, so it will be good to have the whole clan together.

I actually have started doing a little bit of research about heading back to school. Just trying to see what kind of options are out there for me. That would help fulfill one of those resolutions I made way back at the beginning of the year.

We had a good Sunday School class last week and a good group last night for our Lenten Study. I feel like something I had been missing was found. People were really sharing some personal things and talking about how the stuff that goes on in our lives should be influenced by the fact that we call ourselves Christian. It is amazing to me when those times happen - whether it is in Sunday School or a study or even just in a conversation with a friend - and you can "feel" that something is different. I'm starting to ramble, but it is something that is very concrete when it happens.

Well, I need to start the process of getting ready for this weekend. Hope everyone out there is well.

Keep your hope radical-
JAH

3 comments:

dan said...

I thought you were just going to wait until your NEXT birthday to put up another post. :)

Congrats on being a "great" great aunt!

JAH said...

Thanks for checking in with me - my blogger grade would be a D- (no one should be graded as a failure). :)

MR said...

[...as the word "failure" still rings in the air, the door bursts open. Enter Lenny & MR]

"HEH-LO!"

(read: Laverne & Shirley)