Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's My Birthday

Yes, today is my birthday. I am 43 years old. Crazy. I woke up with a feeling that I didn't want to get out of bed, but after several hits on the snooze button I did. Dan had the coffee made, which is always nice. I was also greeted with a wonderful birthday card and a box of Godiva chocolates. The wonderful part about the card was the updated version of the first poem Dan ever wrote to me - which was on birthday number 17. That was wonderfully cool. I then also received roses at work - which was wonderful and am about to head out to a nice dinner and a movie. To add to the mix - I got a nice birthday text from my daughter and a phone call from my son. I even got a birthday cake from the people I work with. Little did they know, it was a cake our family always referred to as "cherry goop" - my mom made it almost every Sunday. I also received some nice muffins and chocolate covered coffee beans from my good friend, Robin. Then...my husband wrote the most wonderful blog in honor of my birthday which literally brought tears to my eyes. What more can I say. Happy Birthday to me. Life is good.

3 comments:

MR said...

Things are going pretty well considering you married a stalker.

"We've traced the presents and they're coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!"

You know, Dan didn't pay us or anything, you're just a legitimately cool person!

Enjoy dinner and "Amazing Grace," let us know if it's better than Reno 911. :D

Anonymous said...

God is in the little things, like lady bugs in november and cherry goop in february.

the cherry goop thing just made me cry but i'm having an over-emotional week.

and i'm glad that the blogging friends you and dad have know so much abotu your lives. haha. it makes me smile, a lot. half the reason i read these things are because of the comments people leave.

okay, maybe 1/4 of the reason. you guys are smart.

Joan Baumgartner Brown said...

Happy Birthday, Jane!
Here's to an awesome year with loads of good surprises - because you are due for wonderful, incredible surprises. Cake at work? They must really like you ;)
With love and appreciation for our friendship.