Saturday, February 03, 2007

Saturday

Today is Saturday. I've spent some time this morning trying to clean a little but mostly think a bit. I guess we all have things about ourselves that we don't really care for too much. Sometimes it can be our appearance or our surroundings, but sometimes is can be more "inner" things. Personality traits. Things that take more than a desire or a simple decision to change. So, I've thought about that this morning and wish I had some great revelation, but...mostly, well I'm still sitting here just thinking. For me anyway, when I'm face to face with these types of things, it kind of hits me from what would seem like a blind spot. Kind of like walking down the sidewalk and suddenly tripping over something that you missed seeing and suddenly there you are face down on the sidewalk wondering how you could have missed it. Especially, when you have done it before and thought you wouldn't do that again...or again...or...... What makes things worse is when you take someone down with you or feel like you've landed on top of them and you're not really sure how to help them or yourself back up. So there you have it. People laying on the sidewalk.

JAH

No comments: