Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Trip Notes

Dan and I had a nice trip to Champaign with another couple from our church. We enjoyed the visit in the car and the conference was good. One of the things I took away from it was not just wanting to be a "good church member". You know, I show up on Sunday, I give money, I do some work, etc. I want to be a good disciple. Someone who is trying to capture and live the heart and vision of Christ. I also don't want to look at church with a consumer mindset. I think too many times today we have the attitude that if something isn't givig us what we want - we can find someplace that will. I think Christ was definitely a giver - not a taker. I don't want to be a taker. Don't get me wrong, I think we need to receive things from the church and from our fellow Christians, but there is something very different in receiving and in taking. Mainly, I think, selfishness. I also walked away wanting to expand my worldview more. I think I have started down this road, but this would be a road that never ends.

JAH

No comments: