Thursday, January 25, 2007

Heading Out

Dan and I are heading out of town for a night. I think the change of scenery will be nice. Then, in less than two weeks - it is California, here were come. I am really looking forward to this trip. It seems like I have been off of work quite a bit in the last couple of months - but none of the "vacations" have been much of that. Two weeks off when my mom had her heartache and then passed away. Then a week off at Christmas, most of which was spent cleaning out her house. I am ready for one of those vacation-type vacations. You know, where you actually get to spend time relaxing and just "hanging out". True, we will be attending a conference in California, but I'm hoping it will be pretty low-key and positive. Listening to a few ocean waves and taking a walk along the beach with my husband and best friend type stuff.

I can't remember if I had it on my "New Years List" or not, but I would really like to find a new job this year. The thing of it is, I don't want to just take a job to get out of the job I have. I have a feeling I would just be feeling the same way. I want to really start praying about it and thinking about it so that if something comes up, it will actually seem right - not just different. Anyway, just making a note to myself.

I have started reading the book of Acts. I came to the conclusion that if this is the book that describes the birth of the church and how it all began, it would be a good book to take another look at, and probably another and another. I think it is very telling about this thing called Christianity that something written 2000 years ago can still seem so awe-inspiring and overwhelming. I sometimes wonder if the authors of the Bible had any idea of the impact their words would still be having today. I mean, I can't imagine that a letter I had written would be the basis for so man y people's life choices. It's crazy - which is what makes it so much about faith. It's what makes me believe that when something is right, it proves itself to be true and relevant throughout time.

Here's to a faith where being radical is good.
JAH

No comments: