Saturday, January 06, 2007

Day 6

It is now the 6th day of a new year and I'm beginning to think maybe this year, I have a few things I would like to accomplish. As I have said before, I'm not overly goal-specific oriented, but more attitude oriented. However, maybe one should rethink themselves from time to time and make adjustments where necessary. That being said, here are a few things I am actually putting in writing so that I will have something to go back and look at next year to see if this was a good idea after all. In no particular order of importance - here goes nothing: 1. I want to spend more time just hanging out with Dan and the kids. Maybe just go to a park or drive to Huntington or to Anderson for no particular reason. 2. I would like to take a class of some sort. It doesn't have to be a college class, but just a class for some self-enhancement. I would consider a photography class or even some sort of unique cooking class. 3. I would like to have people over to our home more. I actually do enjoy cooking a meal for people - it some how makes me feel creative. Sometimes I feel like our house is too small or that no one really wants to come over, but maybe I need to push through those thoughts and see what happens. 4. Although this is probably somewhat typical, I would like to bring a little more organization into our home, thus making item number 2 a bit more feasible. 5. I would like to exercise. Not necessarily to get into a smaller size - although if that happens... - but to feel better. To feel like I have some energy and so that someday, I can run around after grandkids if that happens to be a part of this life. 6. I want to go to an art museum. 7. I hope Dan and I can go to a "cool" concert somewhere this year. 8. I want to spend a bit more time reading and less time with the TV on. 9. I want to remember this list. 10. I want to get a grill and know how to use it. 11. I want to appreciate my husband and chilren more and make a conscious effort to let them know that. 12. I want to send people notes/cards more often. 13. I want to feel like I'm making a difference. Okay - I think that is more than enough for a list.

So there it is. I hope that along with wanting a more Christ-like attitude, I can do something about it.

Until next time -
JAH

1 comment:

Isaac Horwedel said...

Very nice list, mom. I would, however, like to say that I feel very appreciated by you already. Here's to hoping that we can both accomplish our goals.