Thursday, February 22, 2007

It's Thursday

Today I am at work and feeling somewhat unmotivated, so I am taking my lunch break and trying to get caught up on the world of blogger. It seems as though many thoughts have been swirling around in my head since the last time I was here, but getting them out in an unjumbled mess is usually more than I can attempt...

CaliforniaThis was one interesting trip. The actual traveling part was too crazy to mention, but we made it so that is what counts. The weather was really nice and our accommodations were good as well. Dan and I got terribly sick after a so-so meal at a Mexican restaurant. He had to start Friday off taking wonderful care of me until he was soon sick as well. Then we just kind of looked sadly at each other across the space between our beds and were fortunate enough not to need the facilities at the same moment in time. We somewhat recovered by Saturday morning and at least got to spend some more time outside. The speakers we were able to hear were good and the music we were able to hear - Fernando Ortega and Todd Agnew - was phenomenal. I would definitely go back - sometime.

We had a really bit snowstorm. That is always interesting. I really tried to appreciate how pretty it all was before all or the snowplows and vehicles and eventual slush messed it up. It was kind of like trying to appreciate the ocean waves when it is kind of cold and rainy. Even in the midst of the storm, it was really kind of cool. I wonder, when Christ was walking here on the earth if He ever took the opportunity to really look at the world for the beauty it gives. I mean, I wonder if he ever laid outside in the grass on a nice summer night and looked up at the stars and thought how awesome it was. Or, if He was ever able to take the time and listen to the soothing sound of the ocean waves. I hope He did.

Well, the bells on the door keep ringing, so I should probably cut this off and go back to work. Yipee! Hope everyone out there is well.

JAH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i came to your page to get on you about leaving a comment on my page that we could blog more together but then you didn't post.

ha. then you posted. must have read my mind...

please post more. your words are so full of wisdom. me and isaac are so lucky to have you and dad.

thanks for listening to me talk non-sense and contradictions yesterday!

Robin said...

Here from DDM to wish you the happiest of birthdays! What a sweet post he wrote in honor of you today.

And now I'm doubly blessed--what sweet words from your daughter (here in comments)! I'm smiling thinking about your "personal" blessings blessing me, too. Lovely :).

Hmmm, looks like I'll have to use my old blog ID (it's Blogger, I'm now at TypePad).