Tuesday, May 01, 2007

In God We TRUST??

Just some thoughts. I have been seeing a lot of the new "In God We Trust" license plates. Now, I am not knocking them in anyway, but when you think about it, that is a pretty bold statement for most of us to make. I can understand "In God We Believe", but trust? That is a totally different idea altogether. Trust goes way beyond belief. Do I really trust God with my spouse, my kids, my time, my money, my life? In a way, just putting the word "my" in front of each item on the list pretty much answers my own question. I can believe there is a bridge across a river, but only when I'm willing to drive across it can I say that I trust it will hold me. To me, there are still a lot of areas in life where I'm not too trusting of God. So, if I really believe in what He says, what IS the problem? I don't know - something to ponder.

JAH

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i doubt we'll be seeing to many more of those liscence plates springing up.

they're being sued for not charging people the standard fee.

it's unconstituational, duh.

:)

BUT, I'm with you. I have very uneasy feelings about these plates. And they look too much like Mich. plates. Everyone's all blue now.

MR said...

I'm changing from the environmental plate over to Riley Hospital next time.

...since you brought it up.

dan said...

Reilly will have a Riley. Since you brought it up. :)