Thursday, May 04, 2006

Back Again

I thought I was actually going to be doing a little better at this, but was surprised when I saw my last post was two weeks ago. Time is such a crazy thing.

Went to a conference recently and have been trying to figure some stuff out. Dan and I talk about stuff and that is good as it helps me to think about things, but I still am not sure on the whole idea of living this life the way Christ would really be living it. Is it possible? Have we decided it really isn't necessary? I am a firm believer that works do not earn our way to heaven, but if our lives have truly been transformed by Christ, then shouldn't it somehow look different than the lives of those who have not been transformed. There sure are a lot of action words in Bible for action to not matter.

Maybe...it isn't even so much just what we do but how we think about what we do. I have noticed that people really complain a lot. My life is supposed to be different, so I have tried to notice if I've been complaining a lot - which I probably do. Maybe if my attitude about things were different my actions would follow suit. I dont' know. I tried to have a more positive attitude today, which is always interesting because then you just have a negative attitude about everyone else's negativity. Thus the dilemma. Maybe I can somehow work through this. I'll keep talking to Dan and others who will listen and maybe even keep trying to work it out through writing it out. Anyway...until next time.

Have a radical hope -
JAH

No comments: