Monday, October 16, 2006

It's A Monday

Today was definitely a Monday kind of day. When I woke up I felt like I hadn't slept yet and then when I got to work, there was already work waiting for me. Then someone called in sick, etc., etc... Oh well, I guess in the big picture of life, these little inconveniences probably aren't such a big deal. At least I kept trying to tell myself that as the day went on.

I don't know if it is still the empty nest syndrome or what, but every now and then, bursting in to tears would seem like an easy thing to do and I have no idea why. I hate that. Maybe it is just my age more than the nest. I do think I definitely need to get back into the treadmill routine and out of the fattening foods routine. I think that does impact one's mood and overall energy level. Dan and I both got on the ole t-mill yesterday, so hopefully we can keep at each other to keep it up.

Tomorrow we are going to AU to hear Shane Claiborne speak and I am looking forward to that. I haven't finished his book Irresistable Revolution quite yet, but I'm more than half way through it. It is very convicting and challenging. Sometimes I think I rationalize my attitude/actions (or lack thereof) way too much. I don't think Jesus wants us to be observers - he wants us to be participants. It isn't that I'm not involved in church, but sometimes I feel like I have lost some of my ability to relate to those people who do not choose to be followers of Christ. Or...maybe the problem is, that I have become too much like them and thus feel no need to relate?? I'm not sure.

Well, it is almost 4 pm and the treadmill is still at a standstill.

Keep the hope alive-
JAH

No comments: