Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Resolutions Resolved

Now that it is the 16th day of January, I have decided to put my resolutions to "paper" so to speak, so that they can be reviewed by me throughout the year to see how I'm doing. Some of these aren't even resolutions for this year, more just stuff I'd like to do someday before I make my final exit. So, in no particular order, here they are (I reserve the right to add, edit and delete).

Go to a fun concert with Dan. This doesn't have to be far away, just fun. / Make some trips to Findlay and Anderson for supper or breakfast or lunch or whatever. No reason needed. /
Go to my moms and clean up/out the house. I hate going there because it looks terrible. There are too many things that are just going to get ruined and go to waste because of the weather and bugs and other nasty critters. / Have people over more. This is one from last year and one that I think should be on from now until forever. I don't think people just get together to visit enough anymore. I remember my mom getting together with the neighbor ladies over for coffee just for the heck of it. Busyness of life has taken its toll on relationships -- we should try to stop that. / Take a photography class to make the most of the camera we bought. We are going to a workshop in January, which will be a good start. / Try to keep in touch with my nieces and nephews a little better and get the family together at least once a year - besides weddings and funerals. / Clean out every closet in our house. We would have a little more space if we got rid of stuff we don't use. Also - the desk and the file cabinets! Keep walking on the treadmill at least three times a week (preferably four). Stay away from fast food. / Keep going to school - some day graduate and actually go through a ceremony. / Do some painting at church and at our house. / Visit our friend Joan in Washington DC. / Really enjoy every moment of our 25th anniversary trip!!

Long-term goals: Take a long weekend trip with Carrie before - seems strange to say this - she gets married. / Take another family vacation to somewhere. / Go to Colorado to see my brother.

Okay, that is probably enough for now. There will probably be a few more that get added to the list.

Now, a few more family pictures to share.

This is Tim and Elizabeth. Tim is my youngest brother's oldest. Dan was given the honor of doing their marriage ceremony in April of 2007. He is now officially a doctor and is currently doing his residency at Genesis Hospital in Davenport, Iowa. His lovely wife is a nurse in a cardiologist's office.


On the right is a picture of my oldest brother, Terry, holding his granddaughter, Emma (featured in a previous post). I don't ever remember Terry living at our house as he was married and had made me an aunt by the time I was six. He has been farming the family farm since my father passed away in 1981. His son, Michael, farms with him.

This little guy is Arthur (the big guy is Santa, of course). He is one of my great nephews and is really quite enjoyable. When Santa asked him what he wanted for Christmas, he simply pointed at the bag of candy sitting on the floor. He was quite happy when he received his request instantly! He is one of my second brothers grandsons.



Well, time to sign off for now. I hope 2008 has started off well for everyone.

Staying hopeful -
JAH

1 comment:

Joan Baumgartner Brown said...

Yay!! You posted again - I'm always so glad to hear from you this way. Wonderful resolutions and I can't wait until you can come visit me (when the weather's nicer so we can do stuff!) and really can't wait to hear about that fabulous trip after it happens. Love you!