Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Searching for Spring


I hope springtime comes soon. There is something about putting your winter coat away and knowing that a fair amount of time will pass before you have to take it out again that makes you feel hopeful.

Dan and I went to C2G last night for open mic night. It was pretty interesting. There was one girl who read a poem that took a person's heart right out of their chest - at least it did mine. It was about "An Abused Angel". She was probably in middle school and ended the poem by saying "....An Abused Angel - it's me" or something along those lines. I cannot imagine even reading that poem let alone writing it and then reading it. Courage comes in all forms.

School has been on my mind quite a bit. I printed off the Excel program info from Huntington. I think I could use some of that young girl's courage. Maybe it is just that I want to be able to see farther down the road than we are allowed to, but I hate to go back to school still not knowing exactly what I want to do. I tried taking a mental inventory of things I like to do and the way I see myself. Not too helpful. There are certain things that I really enjoy talking about and even feel excited about, but not too sure where they fit into the job market. Maybe that isn't even the point. I don't know...

Tonight I am taking a friend out for a belated birthday supper while Dan has a council meeting. Her mom passed away a couple of years ago while we actually were working together. So, it will be nice to visit with her for a little while.

I guess mom is on my mind a bit more than usual as her birthday is Monday. She would have been 82 this year. It's funny how you miss someone that you really didn't see all that often. I guess that's the way family is. Even though you don't talk or see each other all the time, you always think they are just a phone call away. I guess there are still times that I can't quite wrap my mind around the fact that I have no parents anymore. At least I will always be thankful for the life that they gave me. I only hope and pray that our kids feel the same way.

It was a beautiful morning today, but the clouds have rolled in. I know spring will be in full swing soon and that gives a person hope. If I don't get back here before - have a blessed Easter. That will always be our ultimate hope - and a radical hope at that.

No comments: